Better Energy Homes (BEH) scheme administered by Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland (SEAI) offers fixed Solar Heating cash grant of €1250 to all homeowners of dwelling built before 2006.For information on how to apply and calculate your eligibility please visit our Grant Eligibility and Grant Application pages or alternatively visit http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Better_energy_homes/. Grants Eligibility - All homeowners of Irish dwellings built before 2006 can apply for solar grant. To check if you comply with Better Energy Homes requirements please use our Solar Grant Calculator, and type in the figures provided by your Solar Craft surveyor, such as: -
- Collector Area
- Zero-loss collector efficiency: 0.726
- Collector heat loss coefficient: 1.66
- Volume of cylinder heated by collector
- Dedicated solar storage volume of the combined cylinder
- Grant approval from SEAI must be in place before any purchase of materials or commencement of measures undertaken.
- The grant offer, once accepted by the applicant, remains valid for six months from the date of issue of grant offer notification.
- Applicants to the Better Homes Energy scheme must use contractors who are active on the Registered List at the time of works
- The measure being applied for must be for newly fitted materials/products and cannot have been incentivised previously in the particular home under any other grant programme.
- Qualifying expenditure includes materials and labour except in the instance where a contractor is completing works within his own home in which case only the cost of materials will be deemed qualifying expenditure.
- All your contractors have completed the upgrade works and filled in the relevant Declaration of Works form.
- Your BER assessor has undertaken a site visit, completed/published the BER and returned to you the completed BER Declaration of Works form.
- You have fully paid or entered into a payment agreement with all contactors and your BER assessor.
Better Energy Home scheme
Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
P.O. Box 119
For more details please visit: -
Energy Craft can also claim the grant on behalf of its customers through the Enprova “Residential Scheme”, thereby reducing any involvement with all the necessary form filling.